This policy, together with our terms and conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Funky Chunky Furniture may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What is the purpose of this notice?
To describe how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we need
Funky Chunky Furniture Ltd will be what’s known as the “Controller” of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (known as Special Category Data).
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you purchase a product or sign up for our newsletter. The information you give us may include your name, delivery address, billing address e-mail address and phone number, and financial information (payment information such as a debit/credit card).
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to place your order and send your products to you. If you have opted in, we will also use your personal data to provide you with marketing and tell you about our products and services. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with it
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary:
- to enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- to comply with a legal duty
- to protect your vital interests
- for our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override these.
In any event, we will only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or for closely related purposes).
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights at all times.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please click here (add link). Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
What we would also like to do with it
Provided that we have obtained your consent to the extent we are required to under the Data Protection Legislation, we may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
- fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you and to provide you with information, products and services you have requested;
- send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so;
- notify you of products and services we offer that are similar to those you have purchased or enquired about;
- notify you of changes to our services and products;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; and carry out customer management activities to enable us to deliver better goods and services to our customers.
Please sign me up to receive details about future offers from Funky Chunky Furniture Ltd. (Add link.)
If we are unable to rely on legitimate interests or any other ground set out in the GDPR to process your personal data, we will obtain consent from you to the processing.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent, or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information) from us please let us know by contacting us.
Withdrawal of consent will mean that we will not be able to uphold any guarantee of products (if applicable) due to the removal of your data and therefore proof of purchase of the items.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
Sharing your data with third parties
The personal data we collect may be passed on to third parties relevant to the fulfilment of purchase only:
These third parties must adhere to their own privacy policies which you can find by visiting their websites. Funky Chunky Furniture will not pass on your personal data to any other third parties without first obtaining your consent.
- Name, delivery address, email address and phone number may be passed to the courier company contracted for your delivery. Details of the courier company used for your delivery can be obtained at request, or found in your Dispatch Notification email.
- Name and Email addresses may be passed to Feefo for the purpose of requesting customer feedback.
Where we keep it
We are based [in the UK and we store our data within the EU. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Some organisations which provide services to us may transfer personal data outside of the EU, but we will only allow them to do if your data is adequately protected. We may transmit your personal data outside to the Rocket Science Group LLC, trading as MailChimp, a provider of marketing and email platforms. MailChimp is located in the United States of America and is a registered member of the Privacy Shield scheme which guarantees appropriate safeguards are in place in respect of the personal data we transfer to it.
Some of our systems use Microsoft products. As a US company, it may be that using their products result in personal data being transferred to or accessible from the US. However, we will allow this as we are certain personal data will still be adequately protected (as Microsoft is certified under the USA’s Privacy Shield scheme).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep it
Your data will be stored indefinitely for the purpose of proof of purchase with regards to product guarantees. If you have opted in to marketing, we will also use your data to send you marketing communications. If you ask us not to send you marketing e-mails, we will stop storing your e-mails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be e-mailed).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What are your rights?
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as a data subject access request)
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason)
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
We always welcome your views about our website and policy. If you have any queries or comments about this policy, please contact us:
Funky Chunky Furniture, Unit 10, Rolling Mill Road, Jarrow, Tyne and Wear,NE32 3DP
Phone: 0191 424 2494
VAT Number: 177308588.
Telephone: 0191 424 2494