Derwent Bed Frame with Footboard
One of our most popular solid wood beds, the Derwent with its striking chunky slatted headboard, now comes with a matching footboard too. A real statement piece that showcases all the natural beauty of our solid wood, in a country style bed. It's part of our Derwent collection of solid wood furniture.
Handmade in our workshop and available in a choice of sizes from Single to Super King, as well as a range of wax finishes.under bed wooden storage boxes on wheels, from £90. The perfect accessories for your bed and available in the same wax finishes.
Solid. Chunky. Unique. Durable. Rustic.
- Clearance below rails: 20cm
- Headboard height: 107cm
- Footboard height: 72cm
- Timber Type: Solid pine
- Finish Style: Rustic
- Wax Colour: Selection of 5 colours
- Overall size: 108cm wide x 211cm long x 107cm high
- Made to fit UK mattress size: 90cm wide x 190cm long (3ft 0in x 6ft 3 in)
Small Double Bed
- Overall size: 138cm wide x 211cm long x 107cm high
- Made to fit UK mattress size: 120cm wide x 190cm long (4ft 0in x 6ft 3in)
- Overall size: 153cm wide x 211cm long x 107cm high
- Made to fit UK mattress size: 135cm wide x 190cm long (4ft 6in x 6ft 3in)
- Overall size: 168cm wide x 221cm long x 107cm high
- Made to fit UK mattress size: 150cm wide x 200cm long (5ft 0in x 6ft 6in)
Super King Bed
- Overall size: 198cm wide x 221cm long x 107cm high
- Made to fit UK mattress size: 180cm wide x 200cm long (6ft 0in x 6ft 6in)
Unlike other bed frames on the high street, Funky Chunky Furniture bed frames are designed to last a lifetime.
Remarkable handmade quality. Rivals costlier high-end brands.
chunky solid wood furniture. No cheap, man-made materials.
Durable wax finish. Easy to maintain.
Solid Rustic Timber
To make our Derwent bed frames we select top quality, unsorted, kiln-dried pine. Each solid wood bed frame is cut to size and finished in our signature rustic style. This leaves in lots of natural timber characteristics and features. Mother Natures own stamp of approval.
In this style you can expect to find splits, cracks, knots, shakes, waney edges, bows and twists, along with machine marks in keeping with the rustic style. These are the qualities that set our furniture apart from the rest. And due to the nature of solid wood every bed frame will be different. Truly unique. One of a kind. Please note that further movement may occur within the timber, particularly if the item is placed near to a heat source, which may exaggerate these natural features.
5 Fine Wax Finish Colours
To finish our solid wood furniture we use your choice of one of our supreme wax polishes. The finish is professionally applied with the highest attention to detail. And as the wax soaks into the different grains and features, it enhances their look and brings them to life. The available colours are:
- Medium Oak
- Rustic Pine
When viewing on screen, colours can look different from one screen to another. This makes it less reliable than seeing the real finished timber before your own eyes. Because you want the perfect colour for your home these finishes are available to purchase as small samples.
Excellent bed frame - with solid build - no creaks or knocks Perfect for us!!
Quick & Easy Assembly
Assembling the Derwent bed frame takes no time at all and is a very simple process. Here is a quick summary of how to do it:
- Position the headboard in the location you would like it to be in your room.
- Place the 2 side rails on the floor near to where they will be joining the headboard and place the footboard at the bottom end of the rails.
- Attach one end of one rail into the headboard and then do the same with the other end of the rail into the footboard.
- Repeat this with the other rail and make sure all is firmly in place.
- Add the rails onto the frame and evenly space the gaps between them before using the fixings provided to screw in place.
It's that simple and all you need to do next is add your mattress and bedding. Check out our video guide for further help.
Care & Clean
Daily care of your Funky Chunky Furniture piece is really simple. Watch our 30second video to find out more.
Future Maintenance with Wax Care Packs
We have wax care packs available to keep your furniture and shelves looking their best. They are a great to use every few months to make your piece look brand new all the time. They're also brilliant for fixing damage. Order your wax care pack here.
Turnaround & Delivery
As our wooden bed frames are handmade we do require some time for manufacturing. This will normally take 10 weeks. They will then be dispatched with a pallet delivery company. The courier will contact you directly to arrange a delivery date so please ensure to leave a contact number with your order.
The delivery will be a roadside pallet delivery so we recommend that two strong people are available to carry the item into the home. For queries about the pallet delivery service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Orders with multiple items will be dispatched according to the longest lead time. To receive your quicker lead time items without having to wait, just place separate orders.
If you would like to return the order, please visit our Returns page for more information.
Width : 108cm
Height : 107cm
Length : 211cm
GTIN : 5059550127458
Finish in Main Image : Medium Oak
Brand : Funky Chunky Furniture
Condition : New
Product Code : BED-01102-WASIN